2012年2月1日水曜日

What Hurts When Running

what hurts when running

The Average Woman's Running Blog: What the butt?

When a track interval hurts, speed up! That way, it will be done quicker. Right? Well, not today. You just might end up stopping before the interval is complete.

I've been ignoring a little soreness at the top of my right hamstring, where it connects to the base of my butt (?). I have no idea what the technical term for this location is. Anyone? It's been "there" but not slowing me down so I've been letting it ride.

It hurt more than normal during last week's speed work (that was HALF of a speed workout due to being short on time). I could feel the nag for the last couple miles of Sunday's long run, but it was nothing that alarmed me.


JBuds J5 Earbuds-style Metal Headphones for iPod, iPad, Tablet, Kindle (Black Pearl)
Learn more

This morning I was so very excited to get some speed work in for the Furman FIRST/Run Less, Run Faster 5k training program: 1600 (400m RI), 1200 (400m RI), 800 (400m RI), 400 (400m RI). I got almost 3/4 through that first interval and that nagging pain suddenly became acute.

I did the responsible thing: STOP. DROP. ROLL. 

That foam roller found a lot of tenderness back there, right where I sit.


NFL; COWBOYS RUNNING WILD, EVEN WITH HURT RBS.(Sports): An article from: The Santa Fe New Mexican (Santa Fe, NM)
Learn more
Unavailable

Next, I did the irresponsible thing: I got back on the treadmill. It HURT to run. I couldn't deny it. I jogged slowly, vowing to at least get 3 miles in for the day (because I'm stubborn). Maybe the soreness would go away after a bit?

It did subside after a few minutes but it certainly did NOT go away.

So here I sit on a pack of ice, reaching out to Blogland for any thoughts about this damn thing.


I will sit on ice all day today, maybe even bite the bullet & take some NSAIDS. I will be a good girl and will cross train and continue to ice tomorrow. Thursday, I have an appointment at Brooks to be a running lab rat. I've been looking forward to this appointment all month.


Dear pain in my ass, please don't make me cancel this appointment...



These are our most popular posts: what hurts when running

Sarah Palin: Mitt Romneys Negative Advertising Hurts The ...

Teeth still hurt/are overly sensitive. I.DON Left shoulder pain. My previously broken shoulder always has a dull ache but it flares up when I run longer distances. It should be noted that this ... read more

Your Questions About Low Back Pain

Next, I did the irresponsible thing: I got back on the treadmill. It HURT to run. I couldnt deny it. I jogged slowly, vowing to at least get 3 miles in for the day (because Im stubborn). Maybe the soreness would go away after a bit? read more

The Average Womans Running Blog: What the butt?

I think that hurts the electorate, diminishes the energy to head into a general. ... Its unfortunately what keeps good people from running from office and being engaged in the government process of electing our leaders." ... read more

Mom Swim Bike Run: Begin Rant

In the fall of 2010 I experienced my first serious running injury, Achilles tendonitis. I made the problem worse by continuing to push through pain instead of listening to my body and resting. I ended up in 6 weeks of physical ... read more

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]

<< ホーム